You can help in many ways:
- Make a donation to support a child with a learning disability.
- Volunteer your time to help with our fundraising efforts.
- Subscribe to our supporter newsletter and stay informed.
- Like/Follow our Facebook page
- Tell your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues about the foundation.
See below for more details.
Every dollar will make a difference.
Visit GiveNow.com.au where you can make a one-off or a regular tax-deductible donation. We’re also listed on Givar.
Meet some of our past donors:
- Nanango State High School – $234
- St Williams State School – $500
- Buranda State School – $500
- Samford State School – $500
- All Hallows Catholic School – $750
- Deloittes Consulting Brisbane – $5,000
- The Joan and Donald Wilson Foundation – $30,000 (over 3 years)
- Jean Rayment (in memory of her late husband) – $500
- Brisbane Montessori School – $500
We are looking for volunteers to promote awareness about our foundation and to help in our fundraising efforts. If you’re interested in volunteering in any of the following areas listed below, click on the links under each position to find out more. For each role we are anticipating 5 – 10 hours per week. Work can be performed independently in a time suitable to the incumbent but you may need to be available at times for a 1 hour Management Committee meeting held every 6 – 8 weeks on a Thursday evening. Communication with the team is often via email/phone and zoom meetings. We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum 6 month period for continuity and momentum in each of these roles.
You can also register your interest in general volunteer opportunities using the Subscribe button on the menu at the top of the page and select YES to receive emails on volunteering opportunities. If you have already subscribed to receive our emails you can update your preferences to include volunteering (see link at the bottom of a past newsletter emailed to you).
1. Marketing Coordinator – We’re seeking volunteers with an interest in the marketing industry to work as a marketing coordinator. Your objective will be to improve communication between LFC and the general community and draw a higher brand recognition for the organisation, including engagement through social media, newsletters and the website among other channels, as well as the promotion of workshops and events.
This hands on role will give you the opportnity to work closely with the team as well as clients and the general public to raise awareness for those with learning disabilities and the opportunities and avenues available for support.
Position Description, Advertisment
2. Fundraising Coordinator – We’re looking for someone with strengths in finance and networking to secure and grow a diverse range of funding streams. The role could include any/all of the following: pursuing funding opportunities from a range or organisations, preparing and writing grant applications, generating fundraising streams (such as workplace/regular giving), organising events and planning key strategies to grow the LFC.
This role will give you opportunity to work closely with the team as well network with a broad range of stakeholders including local, regional and state organisations, strategic partners and event speakers/guests to secure funding, plan and host important events and raise awareness for those with learning disabilities. The role would ideally be supported by coordinators in both marketing and events.
Position Description, Advertisment
Subscribe to our supporter newsletter and receive regular news about learning disability, dyslexia, events, fundraising activities, volunteering opportunities, success stories and more: Subscribe.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s been happening, what’s coming up and anything else of interest. This is also an easy way to share the Foundation with your circle of friends.
Donate with Containers for Change
The Foundation is listed with Containters for Change. You can be a creator of positive change by donating your unwanted bottles and cans to the Literacy Foundation for Children. Use the code C10240836 when you drop off your bottles and cans at your local recycle location.